06 July, 2008

It's not too easy to Blog afterall.









I am really struggling to Keep up here! London is just preoccupying all of my time. Occasionally I waste money and call people in the states, but that is rare and costly.




Being here is a freedom many people can't understand unless they have been out of the country on their own. It's a great opportunity I recommend. It's nice to be on my own and independent. I'm okay with walking around alone or with my new flatmates. I have made some great friends already. They're different from those at NYU, but just as equally cool.


I have been to two shows in the West End already because I have to review them for Reporting the Arts. They're a bit pricey. The first was "That Face" by Polly Stenham. It was interesting I suppose, but definitely not what I had hoped for. It's supposebly going to be a movie and perhaps come to the US so I can always say I have seen it London. The girl who wrote it actually when to school with someone in one of my classes, which is pretty cool as well.








The show I saw earlier today was an Opera- Candide, and it was amazing. Simply amazing. It's an English opera. It was modernized, which made it better. It had a lot of references to Americans, which the British woman beside me thought was hilarious. It really was good though. I recommend it.





Last night was the FOURTH OF JULY. It was awkward being here. We were red white and blue and acted like Americans. We went to Sticky Fingers- had a 22 pound (44 USD) 3 course meal- made of American food and bonded over 4th of july stories.. and well other high school stories. It was in Kensington, which is a really nice part of London. The stores are high class and the homes are as well. I want to head back.






















We also went to Borough Market yesterday and tried samples of all of this English food: candy, jams, meat, drinks, fruits.. etc. One man was selling different types of Olives and when we tasted them he picked which one we should try based on our zodiac sign. Let's just say I hate Olives (And most other foods). The Jam was FABULOUS. I bought two jars of Strawberry & Vanilla, which may be a bit costly. Oh.. man have I spent massive amounts of money in only FOUR days.



I am going to Bath & Stonehenge tomorrow. I am pretty excited to see stuff outside of the city. I have a lot of work for my classes though, so I am a bit nervous about all of that. I definitely can't wait to see on a tour bus and read and write and listen to my Ipod.




I hope that was a good enough Update. And Pics. :) Of course there are MANY more..


No comments: